Featured Cardmaker: Nan A, Howell, MI

A special note about today's featured cardmaker: Nan doesn't have a computer! She's involved with OWH courtesy of her friends Beth and Patty, who keep up with OWH on the blogs and Facebook.

How long have you been stamping?
I have stamped for more than 20 years but much more intensely the last 8 or so years.  I belonged to a stamping club for 4 years.  Each month we learned some new technique or style of card.  We also had a challenge each month.  We decided on a theme, or technique and swapped 1 with each member of the group along with some explanation.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
I do have a craft room.  I spend more time in that room than any other.

What are your favorite stamp products?
I like them all which gets expensive.

In general, my cards are humorous or whimsical. Even my sympathy cards will make you smile.  Mechanical cards are fun to make, too.  I use some unusual papers and embellishments.  Wallpaper and window screening as examples.  I have talked about OWH a lot and some people have given me some donations to use for the cards.  One lady gave me a very big bunch of stamps.  Another gave me 9 rolls of great wallpaper.  Oh, what fun!

I've used most colors on my cards but my favorites are more earth tones.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? What motivates you to make cards for our heroes?
Last fall I prayed for a ministry for my card making abilities.  In Nov., a very good friend presented me with OWH.  Nuff said, I was in.  She heard about it from another 4-H mom, who read about it in the Simple Scrapper newsletter. The number of ladies in our OWH group varies but there is a core group of 4.  They even let me teach as they are scrapbookers and talented too.  My church lets us meet in one of its buildings.

Caro  – (March 12, 2010 at 7:02 AM)

I love your cards! I too like whimsical cards and you take it to a whole new level! The giraffes are just too cute.

Christine  – (March 12, 2010 at 7:10 AM)

Your cards are beautiful! I live about 10 miles from you!

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2010 at 7:51 AM)

Oh, Nan your cards are lovely! Thouroughly enjoyed reading your resonses to the questions about your cardmaking too. Keep up the good work! Sharla V.

Kate  – (March 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM)

I love that cammo card so much I'm CASEing it for Father's day!

Our Little Inspirations  – (March 12, 2010 at 9:41 AM)

It's great to see your cards on the Stars and Stamps blog even though you don't have a computer! You go girl!! Your cards are wonderful, and I especially loved that beautifully colored butterfly! WTG!!

Paula  – (March 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM)

I just love the combination of papers and texture on the Thank You one and the butterfly is really beautiful in its detail. Nice job Nan. Thanks for sharing!

AK Donna M  – (March 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM)

Beth & Patty, please tell Nan what beautiful work she does. Nan: I love your ideas and color selections. The cards are lovely. And we are lucky you both shared Nan with us!

Trinity Paper Arts  – (March 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trinity Paper Arts  – (March 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM)

I like your cards very much and really enjoy reading how others have become active in OWH. Like you, I had asked God to lead me to a ministry - and here we are! Thanks for sharing everything! Blessings, Louise

Dixie  – (March 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM)

Nan, your cards are terrific. Thank you for sharing your talent with our military heroes and with us!