Featured Cardmaker: Jean U, Palmer AK

Meet Jean from Alaska.....she's been sending us cards for a while now....what talent!

How long have you been stamping?
About 8 years.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
Yes, I have a small bedroom converted to my stamping area.

What are your favorite stamp products?
I like designer papers, brads, eyelets, ribbons and rhinestone gems.

No favorite technique, I do like to color with color pencils and chalks. I like the new embossing folders used in die cutting machines. I like to heat emboss to add a little shine to cards.

I almost always use white cardstock, and I like pinks, browns, reds, and blacks. I let the stamp or the occasion dictate the colors I use.

I first saw it mentioned on a card gallery website, and then searched the web to find out all the details.

It brings me joy to think others may benefit from a hobby I enjoy so much. It’s a great way to support the troops and show I care.

Our Little Inspirations  – (March 5, 2010 at 3:54 AM)

HI Jean! So nice to meet you and see your beautiful cards! I especially love the yellow card with the flowers spilling out of the box! Nice job on all of them :D

Paula  – (March 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM)

What nice cards. The I Think of You Daisies is absolutely gorgeous! Great job Jean, thanks for sharing your work.

Tiffany  – (March 5, 2010 at 3:46 PM)

Wow! These are beautiful! I know they will love them!

Caro  – (March 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM)

Jean, I love all the cards, so much variety. I especially love brown and blue together.We visit Alaska every other year and I know Palmer well!

Nancy Ward  – (March 6, 2010 at 6:49 AM)

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to OWH Stars and Stamps.

I'd appreciate your letting me know if that's OK.

Thanks,

Nancy Ward

Night Shift Nancy  – (March 6, 2010 at 7:50 AM)

Nice to meat Jean :) I love that yellow daisy card the best, but they are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy  – (March 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM)

Beautiful cards Jean! Love the swirl sentiment and buttons on the flower card!

Dixie  – (March 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM)

Jean, your cards are terrific! Lots of inspiration! Thank you for sharing with us and with our heroes!

Trinity Paper Arts  – (March 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM)

Jean, What lovely cards! You have a really great sense of balance in your designs. My favorite is the daisy card - the masking is brilliant and the one yellow brad perfect. Thanks for sharing everything. Blessings, Louise