And now for this week's midweek throwdown....a technique challenge: Heat Embossing! With all this cold, snowy weather, it's time to warm things up a bit, even if we have to do it with a heat gun.
We're including this bonus Cardmaking 201 (Intermediate level) video tutorial—by GinaK, from Stamp TV. She shows very clearly how to emboss, even better than anything we could create! The sample card created in this video is just lovely, and perfect for the Easter cards we're all working on. (And it inspired the sample card below too!)
So the challenge to you:
- Create a card using heat embossing, and make it a card with NO coloring of the image except the color of the embossing powder itself. Let that embossed image or sentiment take the stage!
- Your card can be of any theme at all.
- Leave a link here with Mister Linky by Tuesday night Feb 16th, and your piece will end up in our slideshow on the 17th!
- If you have embossing tips to add, feel free to leave them in a comment on this post!
- Here's one sample...can't wait to see what everyone makes!
ETA: Here are all the fantastic cards made during challenge week!
|1. Wendy P|
3. Kathy R,
5. Louise Fox
6. Melissa R.
|7. Patricia F|
10. Amy Patterson
12. Caryl P
14. Linda L
15. Seongsook Duncan