S&S Color Challenge #1: Spring!

It's taking a bit to get us into a "rhythm" here on this new blog...so please pardon the seeming randomness of things! This week is all wonky, but the plan is to post a sketch challenge on Sundays, and a different challenge midweek (color, theme, technique, CASE, or stash) that will overlap. Some folks may choose to do both challenges together on one card, just be sure to add it to both Mister Linkies.

Our color challenge inspiration image is this pretty little Easter dress!

• Make a card using colors from this image. You can certainly incorporate flowers like this, but this challenge is all about color!
  • If you have manufacturer color names for inks/papers that "match" the image, and can share those suggestions, please leave them in comments to help us all out.
  • You can combine your card with the Sketch Challenge or any other challenge you wish. (Just add your link to Mister Linky on both.)
  • No prizes...just applause via feedback!
  • Use fresh mojo...newly created cards only!
  • And if your daughter needs to be wearing this sweet dress this year, you can buy it on Amazon)

Carol sisk  – (February 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM)

Stampin' Up! products you could use...
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Brilliant Blue.
Cardstock: Same colors
Designer Series papers: Kaleidoscope, Flock Together
Simply Scrappin' Kits: Moments & Milestones

*CAFE  – (February 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM)

Oops - the number 1 link is not for this challenge, and I can't seem to remove it! I'm so, so sorry - please forgive this newbie!
I did post the correct card link on the number two spot!
Stampin' Up colors I used are Pacific Point (which is retired), Tempting Turquoise, and Barely Banana.

Operation Write Home  – (February 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM)

No worries--we'll just snag the 2nd one when we make the slideshow :)

What a great and FAST card! Beautiful! :)

Night Shift Nancy  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:32 AM)

Oh my gosh, this one was way fun :) I am addicted to challenges now. Thanks guys! Posted mine this am. Wee fun!!!

Trinity Paper Arts  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM)

Thanks to everyone for the color hints - Will have to see if I have paper this color, but I love the color combination! Wish I had this dress when I was little!!! Louise Fox

Kate  – (February 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM)

Finally! I combined the two challenges because I am behind after a crazy week.

Whew! Today is all about making cards and listening to audiobooks.

Yay!

Dixie  – (February 7, 2010 at 8:39 PM)

I'm glad I got this one done. These colors were tough for me to use. VERY challenging. I started my card last night based on a card I did at Stamp Club, and lo and behold it matched the sketch challenge #3 posted this morning. Weird.