Midweek Challenge: Masculine Card

This week we have a theme challenge preparing us for Father's Day cards: create a masculine card using this digi freebie from Hambo Stamps! A message from our friends at Hambo:

With Father's Day approaching Hambo Stamps wanted to donate an image to OWH for all of the fathers, sons, and daughters serving our country. OWH does such wonderful  work and we at Hambo wanted to help in whatever  way we could. Hopefully  this Wee Henry Fishing image will inspire many of the awesome volunteers and hopefully some new ones who spend their time making the cards for OWH. Thanks  everyone for all you do!!
Tim and Monica Hunter-Hambo Stamps

Be sure to pay them a visit at their main page and/or their Digital Image page...they have some AWEsome stamp designs!! Thank you, Tim and Monica....we appreciate your support!

So for this week's throwdown, your card can be for any occasion (it's a great one for Father's Day, of course, anf might help with your Half and Half Challenge cards!) and could be for adult men or for boys—but it should be a card for our heroes to send to a dude!

Click here and "Wee Henry" should download to your hard drive right away, ready to place in Word for re-sizing (if you right-click on the image above, your image may be fuzzy since it will be downloading a jpg rather than the high-resolution tif file, so try clicking on it once and check your hard drive).  Please do not re-post or email out this digi, at the request of Hambo; you're welcome to link to this post to tell your OWH friends about the availability of the image, though! If you don't know how to use digital images, check out the digi tutorial we did on the Homefront Blog a while ago.

ETA: Some of you have been having trouble with the download :( Try downloading this - it's a Word doc with the image placed in it; you should be able to resize it however you wish.

To get you started, a few of our crafters created sample cards using this great image...thanks, ladies!

Post a link to your card below....let's go fishing!

Night Shift Nancy  – (February 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM)

I love Hambo stamps - and that one is adorable. :) Saved! I will post my card if I have time to do any this week. . . .

Dixie  – (February 24, 2010 at 9:01 PM)

2 beautiful cards, and they're so different.

SuzAnn –   – (February 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM)

cute cards but I'm confused. I tried to save and print the TIF file but couldn't move it around in my Word document so it printed too close to each other for cropping and of course the JPG ones are very fuzzy. Any hints Sandy on how to work with the TIF file?

Operation Write Home  – (February 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM)

SuzAnn, I emailed a Word doc to you, see if that works better.

If anyone else has trouble, email me (sandy@operationwritehome.org) and I'll send you the Word doc too!

Karen Howard  – (February 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM)

WOW, this is an awesome digi stamp! I downloaded it already and can't wait for the weekend to get in my craft room! Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with the image as well! A HUGE thank you to Hambo Stamps for creating the digi image for OWH!

Martha  – (February 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM)

Sandy I have tried repeatedly to copy and paste this image onto my computer. It won't work. I've tried to leave you a comment about this earlier in the week but that didn't work either. I'm guessing that others are having trouble too.

This is not as easy as we all wish it was!

Martha  – (February 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM)

Success! Thank you Sandy! The Word document worked just fine.

I printed Wee Henry right out and have him stuck down using my ATG so you know he is here for good, lol.

Niki_Ray  – (March 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM)

Love this stamp so cute. Check out my blog Henry is posted :) xoXo Niki_Ray

Niki_Ray  – (March 1, 2010 at 8:25 AM)

http://nikiraysniche.blogspot.com/2010/02/fathers-day-card-for-owh.html FULL url. Opps :)