Featured Cardmaker: Teresa K, Vancouver WA

It's such an honor to get to know some of our stampers and highlight the different talents each one has! This week, meet Teresa!

How long have you been stamping?
I started about 10 years ago when a friend who sold Close To My Heart invited me into a group that met on a monthly basis for card parties. I was hooked!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
At my last house, I had a whole bedroom! But, we down sized when we moved 4 years ago and now I have a very spacious wall in the family room. My dear husband put up shelves and I have wonderful roller carts that hold my expanding stamp collection. My friends think I’m obsessed. Yeah, it’s an addiction!

What are your favorite stamp products?
 I love my monster paper cutter. I would be lost without it. But, of course, I love my stamps, lovely papers, punches and lately I’ve fallen very hard for my Cuttlebug. I had such fun making Christmas cards this last season. It helped me make some fabulous Valentine’s cards, and Woo Hoo, here comes Easter! Oh, but you asked about stamp products specifically….I have a large number of Close To My Heart, some Stampin’ Up, Hero Arts, Whipper Snapper Designs, American Art Stamps and many from Stamp Francisco (a web based stamp company that encompasses many different stamp designers. They’re in Camas, Washington, which is close to me, and I LOVE their stamps.)

It’s hard to choose any one thing. I love trying new things. Once I find something I really love, I will make a ton of cards with that. But so far, I haven’t found anything I don’t like yet.

I tend to like brighter color combinations, but sometimes I just dive in and let my imagination run wild. I sometimes just look through clothing catalogs and see what color combinations are being used this season and will match up papers and let my imagination take me away.

I don’t remember if I read about it in one of my fav stamping magazines, Paper Crafts, Stamp and Craft, or Rubber Stamp Madness, or the web site, “Stamp TV.”

Both of my brothers were in the service and so was my husband. I wrote to them and sent a lot of cards. Their letters home to me were so precious, so I just want to do my little bit to help some of the service men and women stay in touch with their loved ones too.

Paula  – (February 26, 2010 at 7:22 AM)

Nice cards Teresa... the elephant is adorable and that color combination is so lively I just love it. Thanks for sharing!

Maureen  – (February 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM)

Good for you Teresa. I especially like the Celebrate card. No matter where, no matter when, there is always something good in our lives.

Craftaholic  – (February 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM)

Beautiful cards Teresa!!!! I love the Taz one. Nice that you have a husband that understands the "obsession". Keep up the awesome job!!! :)

Our Little Inspirations  – (February 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM)

Congratulations for being a featured stamper this week! Your cards are lovely, and it's nice getting to know the other card makers who create cards for OWH!! Keep up the great job!!

Karen Howard  – (February 26, 2010 at 4:08 PM)

Beautiful cards, Teresa! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself with all of us, it is a joy to get to know others with the same passions!

Jill I –   – (February 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM)

You are so talented - I treasure the valentine you sent me - I plan to frame it!

2bluestarz  – (February 26, 2010 at 4:49 PM)

I also treasure your work, and have saved every card. I know you so I can say I think your light heart and your spirit show through in your card designs. I think they are excellent. CD

Anonymous –   – (February 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM)

Count me in as a big fan of yours, Teresa! I have been so fortunate to have received a couple of your pieces of artwork! You're inspiring!
B!

Dixie  – (February 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM)

Teresa, what a nice variety of cards you chose for this post! They're terrific! Thanks too for telling us a little about yourself.

Esther E.  – (February 27, 2010 at 8:39 AM)

Thanks for positng pictures of your cards and hints about stamp companies to check out.
I live in Vancouver, WA and make cards for OWH, too. Are you going to Fort Lewis for cardmaking on Mar 12? Esther E.

Mama D  – (February 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM)

Thank you for the joy of being a recipient of your beautiful crafty artwork! I look forward to every holiday!

Anonymous –   – (June 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.