In an effort to help all our new cardmakers, we're going to begin a series of "101" tutorials, exploring basic supplies and techniques to help new folks get started! We'll also have "201" ideas for intermediate cardmakers, and some "301" techniques for the advanced folks. Hopefully that means we'll have plenty of inspiration for everyone!
Some common paper texture terminology. (see this Paper Zone link for more)
- Felt Rough, looks like the texture of speckled walls
- Laid Rough, linear pattern
- Linen Embossed pattern, looks like fabric
- Smooth Just what it sounds like
- Vellum Basically flat, but with a little bit of tooth
A tip on folding.
Cardstock isn't always expensive.
Experienced cardmakers: Where do you purchase your cardstock? Are there types you find work best? Are there drawbacks to certain types?
New cardmakers: What other questions do you have about cardstock?